Phone:+91 484-2451539   |   Email:info@edakkunnuchurch.com Sign up | Login

With profound sense of gratitude and appreciation we present our history. Our fore fathers used to go to St.Xavier's church for their respective religious needs till 1935. Due to this long distance, they decided to form a community at Edakkunnu and this great dream was fulfilled on 5th May 1935.At this moment, we would like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to Mr. Paily Kallarachully and his sons Paul and Pappu, Mr. Peter Karumathi and Mr. Thomas Paul Mavely for their valuable contribution of 2 acres of land. Mar Augustine Kandathil issued an order to Fr. Joseph Pynadath, who was the vicar of St.Xavier's Church, Karukutty to construct the church.

1935

Starting of a christian community at Edakkunnu

1939 February

Consecration of the old church

1941 April 12

Edakkunnu as an Independent Parish

1990 January 04

Consecration of the present church

2010 May 08

Blessing of the parish hall