Phone:+91 484-2451539   |   Email:info@edakkunnuchurch.com Sign up | Login

With profound sense of gratitude and appreciation we present our history. Our fore fathers used to go to St.Xavier's church for their respective religious needs till 1935. Due to this long distance, they decided to form a community at Edakkunnu and this great dream was fulfilled on 5th May 1935.At this moment, we would like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to Mr. Paily Kallarachully and his sons Paul and Pappu, Mr. Peter Karumathi and Mr. Thomas Paul Mavely for their valuable contribution of 2 acres of land. Mar Augustine Kandathil issued an order to Fr. Joseph Pynadath, who was the vicar of St.Xavier's Church, Karukutty to construct the church.

As a result Fr. Ouseph Pynadath and Fr. Mathews Mathiekkal came forward to work out and Mar. Augustine Kandathil blessed the church in 1939.It became a full-fledged parish on 12th April 1941 and Fr. Joseph Pynadath was the first Vicar of the parish. Gradually they extended space of the church the worth and put stone for constructing sacristy. This work was completed in 1944 we would like to present later devolpment and achievements in nut shell.

Founder Of New Church

Late Fr.Paul Manavalan

With profound sense of gratitude and appreciation we present our history. Our fore fathers used to go to St.Xavier's church for their respective religious needs till 1935. Due to this long distance, they decided to form a community at Edakkunnu and this great dream was fulfilled on 5th May 1935.Gradually they extended space of the church the worth and put stone for constructing sacristy. This work was completed in 1944 we would like to present later devolpment and achievements in nut shell.

At a glance

    Year Description
    1995 New church 'Calvari' was found from this Parish
    1990 The present form of the church was constructed and it was dedicated to St. Antony of padua
    2007 May 12 Blessing of new church at Attara.
    2010 May 8 Blessing of new platinum jubilee hall at Edakkunnu
    2007 Feb 18 New Chapel at Pallissery
    2007 Feb 11 Blessing of new chapel at Panthakal